FSU / Dance
As one of the top dance programs in the nation, FSU Dance is known for:
- Prestigious, award winning resident faculty and staff.
- Exciting guest artists, teachers and choreographers.
- The Maggie Allesee National Center for Choreography. Our nation’s only choreographic research center within a university setting.
- Extraordinary dance and performance technology facilities.
- FSU in NYC! Spend a fall semester immersed in the New York dance experience while you continue your classes. Includes an Internship!
- Limited access. We accept the best students and give them our full attention and mentorship.
- Our students practice what they learn in the classroom. Over fifteen fully produced performances a year, as well as numerous informal performance opportunities.
- Summer study abroad programs in Valencia, Spain and Paris, France.
- An innovative MA program in American Dance Studies that includes social and vernacular dance as well as concert forms.
- FSU Dance in Dance Magazine. August - 2012 edition.
- Jawole Zollar recieves FSU's highest faculty honor, the Robert O. Lawton Distinguished Professor Award for 2011-12
- Gerri Houlihan (Faculty) & Dr. James Frazier (MFA 1994) named as Co-Deans of the American Dance Festival School
- MANCC receives prestigious Mellon grant.
- Jawole Zollar and Urban Bush Women represent the United States as cultural envoys to South America.
- Dr. Tom Welsh's book Conditioning for Dancers
- Tricia Young (Faculty): appointed to Editorial Board, University Press of Florida
- Jawole Zollar (Faculty): named 2008 United States Artist Fellow and 2009 Guggenheim Fellow.
FSU CVATD Newsletter
Sign up for the monthly newsletter.