As one of the top dance programs in the nation, FSU Dance is known for:
- Prestigious, award winning resident faculty and staff.
- Exciting guest artists, teachers and choreographers.
- The Maggie Allesee National Center for Choreography. Our nation’s only choreographic research center within a university setting.
- Extraordinary dance and performance technology facilities.
- FSU in NYC! Spend a fall semester immersed in the New York dance experience while you continue your classes. Includes an Internship!
- Limited access. We accept the best students and give them our full attention and mentorship.
- Our students practice what they learn in the classroom. Over fifteen fully produced performances a year, as well as numerous informal performance opportunities.
- Summer study abroad programs in Valencia, Spain and Paris, France.
- Jawole Zollar (Faculty) receives Doris Duke Artist Award.
- Darrell Jones (MFA 1995 & recent MANCC artist) receives 2013 Juried Bessie Award for Choreography!
- Third Rail Projects, led by Jennine Willett (MFA 1996, FSU in NYC Faculty), Tom Pearson (BFA 1998, FSU in NYC Faculty), and Zach Morris (FSU in NYC Faculty), nominated for Bessie Awards, Best Production!
- FSU Dance in Dance Magazine. August - 2012 edition.
- Jawole Zollar (Faculty) recieves FSU's highest faculty honor, the Robert O. Lawton Distinguished Professor Award for 2011-12
- Gerri Houlihan (Faculty) & Dr. James Frazier (MFA 1994) named as Co-Deans of the American Dance Festival School
- MANCC receives prestigious Mellon grant.
- Jawole Zollar and Urban Bush Women represent the United States as cultural envoys to South America.
- Dr. Tom Welsh's book Conditioning for Dancers
- Tricia Young (Faculty): appointed to Editorial Board, University Press of Florida
- Jawole Zollar (Faculty): named 2008 United States Artist Fellow and 2009 Guggenheim Fellow.
FSU CVATD Newsletter
Sign up for the monthly newsletter.