The Maggie Allesee National Center for Choreography (MANCC, pronounced man-see), is a dance and choreographic research center, housed in the renovated dance facilities in Montgomery Hall. MANCC seeks to complement the activities of the School of Dance by strengthening and enhancing interaction between dance practitioners operating within and outside of an academic setting.
The mission of the Maggie Allesee National Center for Choreography is to raise the value of the creative process in dance by:
- providing a model of support for professional choreographic creativity within a Research One university.
- providing choreographers access to a stimulating environment where experimentation, exploration and life-long learning are both valued and encouraged, and
- providing opportunities for the students, staff, and faculty, the community of Tallahassee and the national dance field at large to engage with the creative process in dance.
- Choreographic Fellowships: MANCC offers Choreographic Fellowships to professional choreographers, to conduct their own creative research. Artists are free to take advantage of the center’s facilities and other resources, including technology.
- Living Legacy: The Living Legacy program offers American artists of national or global significance a rare form of support – the opportunity, tools and expertise to document, preserve or further their own legacy and ideas.
- Free to Rep: MANCC’s Free to Rep program is designed to encourage artistic experimentation by bringing together contemporary U.S. based repertory companies and choreographers in creative residencies. Choreographers should be either at an early point in their repertory development or aesthetically challenging to the company’s current repertory.
For additional information on MANCC, please visit mancc.org
Friday, September 27, 2019
9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. at the FSU Turnbull Conference Center
Join Dean Frazier at DIRECTO’s 2nd Annual University-Wide Symposium on Diversit ...
September 8 - 20, 2019
Film Screening on Wed., Sept. 18 @ 5:30pm at the Black Box Studio in Montgomery Hall.
The Maggie Allesee National Center for Chor ...
Excerpts courtesy of The Magazine
The Florida State School of Dance is proud to acknowledge alumna Tiffany Mellard, who is a part of the women's ensemble cast of Hamilton in Sa ...
This season, the Maggie Allesee National Center for Choreography (MANCC) hosted eleven artists and their collaborators in residence, seven of whom premiered their works shortly aft ...
MANCC is thrilled to welcome a cohort of emerging artists to Tallahassee for their emerging artist laboratory program, "MANCC Forward Dialogues (MFD)", thanks to generous support f ...