Mary Ola Reynolds Miller (1915-2011) was born to John Marsh Reynolds and Mary Elizabeth Salls in Crescent City, Florida and graduated from Florida State College for Women in 1937. Between 1939 and 1945 she worked in Miami at Trinity Methodist Church where she served as the Director of Christian Education. While in Miami, she met Ed Miller of Tampa, Florida. Moving soon after to Panama City, they made their home on Bunkers Cove Road where they raised their two children, Ola Jane and Maxwell.
Throughout her life, Mary Ola provided her enthusiastic support to local artists, the Kaleidoscope Theater, the Visual Arts Center and the Audubon Society. After her children were grown, she established the Gallery of Art of Panama City which she ran for four decades. Her contributions as a civic volunteer, small business owner, and advocate for the arts are remembered throughout North Florida.
Mary Ola Reynolds Miller is celebrated as an advocate of her alma mater Florida State University. Her belief in the power of higher education led her to support FSU’s Panama City Campus’ Investing in Tomorrow Campaign and establish an endowed scholarship for graduate students pursuing an MFA in Art at FSU’s main campus.
To make a gift online to this fund, please click the Donate button, choose “More Designations” and type in the fund name. Please mail checks, made payable to “FSU Foundation” with the fund number noted to the address below.
To discuss a gift to the College of Fine Arts at Florida State University, please contact:
Sr. Development Officer
FSU College of Fine Arts
236 Fine Arts Building
Tallahassee, FL 32306-1170