Skip to main content

This is your Donation message.

Student Resources

In-State Tuition Information

In-State Tuition for Out-of-State Domestic and International Students:

If you are a resident of another state, then you will need to reclassify as a resident of the State of Florida in order to be eligible for in-state tuition rates. The residency reclassification process consists of two phases.

Phase 1: In order to initiate the residency reclassification process, you must do the following things before the first day of classes of your first semester at FSU:

  1. File a declaration of domicile at the Leon County court house (keep a copy)
  2. Go to the DMV and get a Florida driver license, Florida voter registration, and if you have a car, a Florida vehicle registration.

Phase 2: In order to complete the residency reclassification process, you must do the following after living and working in Florida for one full year (12 consecutive months):

  1. Complete the residency reclassification form.
  2.  Complete the graduate assistant verification form (if applicable, for graduate students).
  3. Bring these forms to the residency office (FSU Registrar) along with the following supporting documents: a copy of your declaration of domicile; voter registration; driver’s license; vehicle registration; and lease agreement.

If you are an international student, resources are available through the Center for Global Engagement to help you secure in-state tuition rates.

Student Health and Health Insurance Information

Health Admission Requirements

FSU Health Care Services
Health Insurance Subsidy Benefit


Additional Resources for International Students

FSU has a large international student population, and given the unique needs and challenges specific to the international student experience, the FSU Center for Global Engagement is at your service to help you transition to life at FSU!

  • Learn more about how you can study at FSU. Find pre-arrival information for F-1 and J-1 students here.
  • Information about enrollment, employment, travel, visa types & study, dependents, workshops, etc. can be found here.
  • Find information about university and off-campus housing options.
  • Learn about funding opportunities available to you. Find information about tuition waivers and scholarship opportunities here
  • Advisors in the CGE work closely with international students, providing support related to their F or J visa status and serving as resources for students.
  • Find CGE forms for F-1 students, J-1 students and scholars, and departments here.
  • Find information here on banking, transportation, food, getting a driver’s license, and many other community and campus resources.