The Maggie Allesee National Center for Choreography (MANCC, pronounced man-see), is a dance and choreographic research center, housed in the renovated dance facilities in Montgomery Hall. MANCC seeks to complement the activities of the School of Dance by strengthening and enhancing interaction between dance practitioners operating within and outside of an academic setting.
The mission of the Maggie Allesee National Center for Choreography is to raise the value of the creative process in dance by:
- providing a model of support for professional choreographic creativity within a Research One university.
- providing choreographers access to a stimulating environment where experimentation, exploration and life-long learning are both valued and encouraged, and
- providing opportunities for the students, staff, and faculty, the community of Tallahassee and the national dance field at large to engage with the creative process in dance.
- Choreographic Fellowships: MANCC offers Choreographic Fellowships to professional choreographers, to conduct their own creative research. Artists are free to take advantage of the center’s facilities and other resources, including technology.
- Living Legacy: The Living Legacy program offers American artists of national or global significance a rare form of support – the opportunity, tools and expertise to document, preserve or further their own legacy and ideas.
- Free to Rep: MANCC’s Free to Rep program is designed to encourage artistic experimentation by bringing together contemporary U.S. based repertory companies and choreographers in creative residencies. Choreographers should be either at an early point in their repertory development or aesthetically challenging to the company’s current repertory.
For additional information on MANCC, please visit mancc.org
January 18 - 31, 2016
Bessie Award-winning choreographer Beth Gill will return to MANCC to work on Untitled, which is a new site-specific performance installation inspired by arch ...
January 4-17, 2016
Maggie Allesee National Center for Choreography (MANCC) is pleased to welcome Grisha Coleman and her collaborative team to thei ...
Article courtesy of Amy Farnum-Patronis, University Communications
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Carla Peterson, director of the Maggie Allesee National Center for Choreography housed in ...
This month, MANCC welcomes Jennifer Monson, an internationally recognized dancer, choreographer and improviser, as well as educator and curator, and her four collaborators in a 1 ...
Amid the decorated floats and Marching Chiefs of this year's Homecoming Parade was returning cheerleader and School of Dance alum Maggie Allesee, the first woman to letter in a ...