BFA Audition Dates
- November 15, 2017 Audition, application deadline is October 20, 2017 — CLOSED
- January 17, 2018 Audition, application deadline is December 8, 2017 —OPEN
- February 14, 2018 Audition, application deadline is February 2, 2018 —OPEN
How to Arrange for a BFA Audition
Please complete the School of Dance Application. Be sure to list your preference for an audition date. You will receive a confirmation email with a link to a campus map, along with any further information you may need. There are no campus facilities for the accommodation of visitors. Tallahassee offers a wide variety of hotel and motel choices.
- Fill out the School of Dance Application.
- All applicants must submit a full length photograph of yourself in practice clothes. The photograph is not used as a criterion of admission; it functions as a memory aid for the adjudication committee.
- Please mail all of the above materials to the School of Dance prior to the audition.
School of Dance Audition Application
Please submit all materials to:
School of Dance
202 Montgomery Hall
Florida State University
Tallahassee, FL 32306-2120
Questions? Contact Stephanie Mills at email@example.com
- 8:00 am – 8:30 am Check-in for Audition
- 8:30 am – 9:00 am BFA information session for dancers and family members
- 9:00 am Building tours for parents
- 9:00 am – 9:20 am Auditionees prepare for first class
- 9:20 am – 10:50 am First class (45 minutes of ballet, 45 minutes of modern)
- Note: MFA/MA participate in the class with the undergraduates.
- 11:00 am – 12:30 am Second class (same as above)
- Note: Undergraduates only.
- 11:00 am – 11:30 am MFA/MA meet for creative project assignments
- 11:30 am – 12:30 pm Lunch Break (MFA/MA)
- 11:30 am – 1:30 pm Lunch Break (BFA)
- 1:30 pm – 5:00 pm Individual Solos
- (MFA/MA – Creative Projects; BFA – Prepared Solos)
- For Freshman/Sophomore dancers auditioning for the BFA program, the choreography may be their own or by someone else; Junior/Senior transfer students must be prepared to perform their own choreography.
- Dancers should bring an audio device with 3.55mm audio jack.
- Solos should be 1-2 minutes in length.
- Prepared solo should be of dancer’s own original choreography.
Notification of audition results will be mailed to the auditioning dancers in writing within approximately two weeks of the audition.